Friday, September 21, 2012

Monster Bday!

Have I ever mentioned that before Baby B was born, I already knew what his first birthday party was going to be? Well, I did, and I do. I have always loved all that "Little Monster" birthday stuff. I already have hundreds of ideas for food, decorations, etc. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on the plates and all, so I figured I would just go ahead and buy colored matching plates, cups, etc. However, while perusing around Wal Mart the other day while little man dozed, I stumbled upon this stuff.


And all of it was only $.50 a piece! What a steal! I got 2 tablecloths, a few sets of plates, 4 sets of large and small napkins, a few things of stickers, and 24 invitations...I only spent $7 on the whole lot! It's just a starting point, but I was pretty excited about it. So go ahead and look for some more "Monster" posts in the future...just couldn't wait to share this one!
 the invites
 large napkins


Here are some of the ideas that I've came across to do for the party as well:









These are just a few, and I have a bunch more of my own- can't wait, 5 months to go!!!



Linking:
Weekend Bloggy Reading The Shabby Nest

3 comments:

  1. What a steal! I competely understand planning ahead :) I think your monster theme is going to be awesome!

    We're planning on doing owls- I've already got a pinterst board and planned it out, just haven't started on stuff yet :) I feel like a slacker lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with owls! I wanna see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, after I have it there will be plenty of pics ;) LOL I think you found the board alright. A lot of the pins I'm personalizing, or altering, but it's an idea board and definitely somewhere to start!

    ReplyDelete