Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Ghost of Posts Past...Brownies in a Jar!

I posted this 2 years ago, but I love the idea of the "Gifts in a Jar". There are so, so, so many on Pinterest. But, a couple of years ago, there was no pinterest. Here was my take on jar gifts!


So, as a gift for a few of my friends and family, I decided to make something cute, and yummy! I got the recipe for the Brownies in a jar, and looked up a few others...soup in a jar, etc. I picked up some adorable Christmas-y jars at the dollar tree, added another dollar tree find- a double ended spatula, and voila! Yummy goodness!



I had another one as well, but already gave it away before I could take some pictures :-(

Here's what the jars looked like up close:

So cute!

Here's what the layers look like inside:




Then I made some tags, and tied them on with some cute ribbon- note: they're not cut completely straight in this photo:

In the end, I really liked how cute they turned out! ...They are actually pretty yummy brownies! Finally got to sample the recipe.


PS. YAY FOR THIS BEING MY 100th POST!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!~

Linking:

Lil\'Luna
Weekend Bloggy Reading

The Shabby Nest
SuzysSitcom.com 

SixSistersStuff.com

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post! It's great when you reach milestones like that. Like the look of those Brownies too - wish there were both jars and spatulas like that on this side of the Pond: they'd make great stocking stuffers, but not sure how they'd fare via international postal services!

    You're invited to visit us at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com sometime and meanwhile, we wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving this week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute :) I like the idea of giving jar mixes, but I always make fudge and stuff to give out. I might vary it up one year, or at least give different things to everyone lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always do fudge and other candies also. My family has a whole fudge day and we make close to 100 batches! lol I just made a few of these that year for close cousins and aunts. I'm gonna try to do a few more jar gifts this year as well.

      Delete
  3. What a great gift idea and your jars are soooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I love Dollar Tree decorations! Thank you so much for linking these to SHOW-licious Craft Showcase! :)

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2012/11/show-licious-craft-showcase-9-blog-party.html

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I would love to have you come share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on at ‘Or so she says…' There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete