Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pinterest-ing Gift Ideas





Who doesn't love a handmade gift? Something that someone actually took the time to make you...no matter how simple. I've come across many ideas on Pinterest, but I'd like to share a few of my favorites.


Hot Chocolate on a Stick
Super fun, yummy, and customizable to any holiday. I would love a chocolate peppermint one for Christmas!


Sugar-Scrub-recipe
Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
Who doesn't love smelling good and feeling nice and smooth?!


Cowgirl Cookies
Cowgirl Cookies- Bakerella

 Any kind of cookie in a jar recipe is alright with me! Perfect for a late night cookie craving. Takes a lot of the guesswork out, and you usually have the other ingredients on hand to whip up a batch of these.


Brownies in a Jar

This is actually one of my posts, and everyone who received these that year LOVED them! 


Cakes, candies, cookies and any other type of goodies also make great gifts. You can make a lot with one batch, and disperse them amongst friends and family. 

At this time of year, wrapping paper and tape, handmade ornaments, and the like make great last minute gifts for your neighbors.

I whipped up a bunch of these one year, and everyone loved them.
It's a terrible picture. But hand knitted dishrags are made with love and super durable. Pretty much every woman in my family got one that year. I'm making a Christmas version as we speak.


What are your favorite types of handmade gifts?

1 comment:

  1. I always just make Fudge and other assorted chocolates (this year I'm making Hazelnut Chocolates, Mint Chocolate covered Oreos, Buckeyes, and who knows what else). I pretty much stick with candies though because I found out I can not make cookies... just does not work! It's right up there with my black thumb :P My mom used to make the fudge and candies every year for all her kids, but I've long since taken over. I do like the idea of the ready to bake cookies and stuff though, and I'm always tempted to try them... I just never get around to it!

    ReplyDelete